Webinar: Lifesaving information – how Kyiv adapted their citizen app in a year of war
Communication in public sector is always important, often critical and, sometimes, even life saving. Being able to reach your audience, your citizens, in a secure, safe and timely channel is of the highest importance – especially when something out of the ordinary happens.
The webinar was performed on Thursday February 9th - see video-version below.
- Do you have a channel ready, to reach your citizens, if crisis hits?
- How do you build your own channel, through anchor services - "trivial, everyday important stuff" - so that you have a strong channel when needed?
- Make sure your communication channels are easily adapted to new content.
- Does your communication- & channel-strategy include a "worst case scenario?"
Direct communication saving lives
In this webinar, we discuss the strategy and thinking behind Kyiv Digital - the app that started as a convenient service to the citizens of Kyiv - with quick access to free parking slots and tickets to public transportation. However, in only a a few days February 2022, the app needed to evolve into a communication tool providing important notifications and direct messages to the people of Kyiv, on very different matters: Air strike warnings, bomb shelter locations, infrastructure disturbances and how, where and when to find electricity or stable internet through Starlink.
In this conversation with the Deputy director of IT in the Kyiv City Council, Victoria Itskovych, we talk about how they established their own communication channel with a city app, reaching more than 2 mill of the citizens of Kyiv - and how that channel has proved vital in a year of crisis, for the country and city.
In the panel:
- Victoria Itskovych, Deputy director of IT in the Kyiv City council
- Tomas Falk, Innocode
- Bjarte Falk Olsen, Innocode
Read more about this in the article from TIME.com: 'We Became Like a Big Startup.' How Kyiv Adapted the City's Tech to Save Lives.
Chief Sales Officer
Bjarte Falck Olsen
CEO, Innocode Sweden